ST. PETERSBURG — The Rays introduced a number of additions to the meals choices at Tropicana Area and enhanced well being and security measures as they welcome followers again to the stadium on Friday.
Among the many new gadgets:
• Sizzling canines shall be from Nathan’s Well-known, the long-standing New York based-company that additionally sponsors the annual scorching canine consuming contest on Coney Island.
• The St. Petersburg-based Beans & Barlour dessert lounge will present “boozy desserts and milkshakes” utilizing alcohol-infused ice cream with choices together with cotton sweet, caramel and peanut butter milkshakes. (Gadgets will also be served with out alcohol and non-dairy.)
• Stands on the Budweiser Porch referred to as Trendy Hen and Pig & Potato, with gadgets resembling rooster wings and a pork and beer cheese sandwich.
Amongst returning distributors:
• Pacific Counter, which serves rice bowls and sushi, strikes to the Budweiser Porch.
• Beachside Hospitality Group will serve Crabby’s menu gadgets within the First Base Meals Corridor. The St. Pete Hospitality Group returns with its Seashore Drive idea within the Third Base Meals Corridor.
• Coppertail Brewing Firm can have bar carts in each meals halls, and Kahwa Espresso has stands within the concourses behind centerfield and residential plate.
To facilitate well being and security protocols, the Rays have these plans:
• Prepackaged, individually wrapped and “grab-and-go” gadgets shall be supplied the place attainable.
• Condiment and refill stations are modified to packaged service.
• Cellular ordering is now obtainable by the MLB Ballpark app, eliminating the necessity to stand in line at concessions. Followers can choose a close-by pickup location, order and pay, then gather their gadgets when prepared.
• All food-service and retail workers will bear every day well being screening and have private protecting tools, together with gloves, face shields and masks, that’s modified usually throughout shifts.
• Plexiglass boundaries have been put in in any respect factors of sale, with plans for frequent cleansing and sanitizing of all food-service tools, in addition to sanitizing of all high-touch surfaces.
• With all Tropicana Area transactions persevering with to be cash-free this season, followers are inspired to make use of contactless funds, resembling Apple Pay, Google Pay and Rays Pay, which is obtainable by the MLB Ballpark app. (The Rays be aware that Season Members get a 15-percent low cost on meals and merchandise purchases when utilizing Rays Pay.)
• • •
Sign up for the Rays Report weekly newsletter to get contemporary views on the Tampa Bay Rays and the remainder of the majors from sports activities columnist John Romano.
By no means miss out on the most recent with the Bucs, Rays, Lightning, Florida faculty sports activities and extra. Comply with our Tampa Bay Instances sports activities staff on Twitter and Facebook.