The U.S. Journey Affiliation introduced the election of Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line, as its new nationwide chair. Duffy, who most just lately served on the board as first vice chair, will lead an govt committee and board representing a various cross-section of journey enterprise sectors.
As nationwide chair of U.S. Journey, Duffy will information the board and affiliation’s efforts to:
- Develop engagement with companies and organizations to drive advocacy initiatives and form the way forward for journey
- Unite the trade below one voice to tell the opinions and actions of elected leaders
- Advance priorities centered on restoration and rebuilding of the U.S. journey trade
- Educate and inform journey stakeholders.
Duffy joined Carnival Cruise Line in 2015 after serving as president and CEO of Cruise Strains Worldwide Affiliation (CLIA). She has additionally served as president and CEO of Maritz Journey Firm. As president of Carnival Cruise Line, Duffy oversees an organization that sails a fleet of 24 ships, yearly hosts practically 6 million company and employs greater than 43,000 folks from 110 nations across the globe. Duffy is the primary lady to function president of Carnival Cruise Line.
Duffy sits on the company boards of administrators of Aimbridge Hospitality, a resort administration providers firm, and Herschend Household Leisure, the nation’s largest family-owned operator of themed points of interest, together with Dollywood and Branson’s Silver Greenback Metropolis. She sits on the Skilled Advisory Board of St. Jude Youngsters’s Analysis Hospital, of which Carnival Cruise Line is the official celebration accomplice. Duffy can also be a member of The Committee of 200, a company of the world’s most profitable girls enterprise leaders that helps, celebrates and advances girls’s management. She was just lately named by Girls Main Journey & Hospitality as considered one of its prime girls in journey and hospitality.
Along with Duffy, U.S. Journey put in different board officer positions:
- Vice Chairs: Julie Coker, president and CEO, San Diego Tourism Authority; Fred Dixon, president and CEO, NYC & Firm; and Sharon Siskie, SVP, business technique – Disney Signature Experiences, Disney
- Treasurer: Stephen Revetria, president, Giants Enterprises, San Francisco Giants
- Secretary: Michael Dominguez, president and CEO, Related Luxurious Lodges Worldwide
Duffy succeeds Vacation spot DC president and CEO Elliott L. Ferguson, II, whose time period as chair has concluded.