“We wish to get children out of the home and concerned within the sport of snowmobiling,” he mentioned.
This yr’s occasion will look much like final yr with two additions: a brand new path inventory class and on-line registration.
On-line Le Mans registration was added to alleviate congestion and scale back contact on the registration trailer the morning of the occasion amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
Traditionally, Midwest Sled Fest would host a pre-registration occasion on Friday earlier than the Saturday occasions, however that received’t happen this yr.
Peters mentioned different snowmobile occasions use an internet registration system, so he’s hoping it received’t be a difficulty, or a deterrent, for contributors.
The deadline to register on-line is midnight on Thursday.
“Since that is the primary yr for this modification, we might permit some exceptions, however we strongly encourage finishing your registration on-line,” the web site states.
The Midwest Sled Fest will function participant favorites, just like the radar runs and Le Mans races for kids and adults.
The schedule for the day’s occasions is as follows:
- Registration and check-in: 7 – 8:30 a.m.
- Nationwide anthem and official occasion begin by VFW Honor Guard: 9 a.m.
- Obligatory drivers’ assembly and observe personnel assembly: 9:05 a.m.
- Observe begins: 9:20 a.m.
- Classic sled parade/present lap: 9:50 a.m.
- First race begins: 10 a.m.
- Children Le Mans registration closes: 10:30 a.m.
- Little Le Mans Children’ Races: Midday